Thursday, March 24, 2011

Goodby Elizabeth Taylor


The news program Helene and I were watching yesterday was interupted with a special announcement: Elizabeth Taylor was dead. It is strange how news that dose not surprise a person can still leave them numb.


She was a special lady who carried herself with a nobelity that is rare in this age. Due to health she hasn't been seen much the last few years.


I will always keep the image of her as she was, and I have asked Netflix to send me THE TAMING OF THE SHREW and ELEPHANT WALK. These are not the movies most folks think of, but they are the ones that spoke to me. I'll let other folks watch CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF and WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOLFE.


God's speed Elizabeth, you will be missed.

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth was great in "Taming of the Shrew"; looking forward to watching it with you. was she in "Giant"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked National Velvet

    Mrs. Hang

    ReplyDelete