Monday, December 7, 2009

Life at HomePlace goes on

Greetings from Falls County, Texas
To begin with I want to apologise for the lack of photographs here. The camera is having issues. I hope to have that sorted out soon. If you are reading this and there are photos that means I did.

Helene surprised me a few days ago with an early Christmas present named Bear. Moody, our last dog passed away a couple of years ago and we weren't in a hurry to get another. You couldn't replace Moody.
While at the bank the last week we went to an adoption shelter near by and discovered a Shepard / Rottweiler mix with very sad eyes and enormous feet. He is fitting in nicely but not without issues. Ock, the senior cat, thinks he should be on a cracker. Peppy, the gray tabby that walks with Helene and I can't decide if he is a toy or food. Being the new hire at HomePlace Bear thinks he has to salute grasshoppers.

The girls coming home from the Vet Sunday did nothing to settle his fears. They needed love and reassurance so bad they were even getting in my lap. It looks like a couple of the girls will make friends with him Bear but it's an on-going process.


I have sent photos of Inoue's flag to the Consulate General of Japan in Chicago. I have told them I am wanting to return the flag but I wish to corospond with the family. I would like to know the story of the man who carried this flag.

Breaking news on the chicken front. After months of nothing we actually got an egg the other day...one. With all the feed I don't want to think what it cost. I do know what chicken at the grocery store cost, they better get with the program.

Helene and I are working on a new shooting event we will call COPS AND ROBBERS - ST. VALENTINE'S DAY. The plan at the moment is to hold it on the 81st. anniversary of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre but weather and schedules may force us to put it off a month or so.

Well, I have errands to run and choirs to finish up. I havn't seen or heard Bear in about 10 minutes and with puppys his age that is cause for concern.
Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. "Breaking news on the chicken front. After months of nothing we actually got an egg the other day...one. With all the feed I don't want to think what it cost. I do know what chicken at the grocery store cost, they better get with the program."

    Heh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zack,
    It was a very good egg. It ended up the guest of honor on a sandwich with bacon, chese and a slice of tomoato. Hope there's more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing there were two more eggs yesterday. I can't believe you waited until I was asleep to eat the first egg!

    ReplyDelete