Friday, March 30, 2012

Good-By Earl Scruggs



I felt a real sense of loss today when I learned Earl Scruggs had passed away. This may surprise a lot of folks, Country Western Music isn't really my thing. Having said that, I can lessen to a good Banjo picker all night long. I have never met anyone who didn't turn the radio up when FOGGY MOUNTAIN BREAKDOWN came on.


Being a child of the 50's and 60's my first introduction to Earl Scruggs and Lester Flatt was THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES. In addition to writing and performing The Ballad of Jed Clampet Earl and Lester made a number of guest appearances on the show.



Go with God Earl. Your gift of music will help us deal with the loss.

3 comments:

  1. Art, you and I are the same age and we have the same fond memories of days gone by.

    RIP Earl Scruggs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember them from that same TV show--they we awsome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Zack, great to hear from you. Greetings Mrs. Hang, and welcome.

    The man brought a lot of joy to a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete