Monday, January 10, 2011

Good By Richard Winters


I was saddened earlier today to learn that Richard Winters had passed away January 02, 2011 near his home in centeral Pennsylvania. Mr. Winters had asked the announcement of his death be delayed until after his funural.


This modest man was made famous by the book BAND OF BROTHERS, and more so by the mini series by the same title. On screen the young Dick Winters was brought to life by the English Actor, Damian Lewis.



Known as Major Winters to the millions who have learned his story he represented what was best in the Greatest Generation. In the words he borrowed from one of his men, "I wasn't a hero, but I served in a company of hero's."



I never had the honor of meeting this man, but feel like I have known him for years. I think all of us did. He will be missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment