Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Stephanie Plum Comes To A Theater Near You...

I have just learned that the long awaited Stephanie Plum movie, One For The Money, is scheduled to be released this summer.


Expect to see ONE FOR THE MONEY in a theater near you starting July 08, 2011. Helene and I will be there.



Fans of Janet Evanovich have been waiting since the 1990's for her improbable bounty hunter, Stephanie Plum, to come to the big screen. Over the years a parade of talented actresses have been suggested for the part, but Katherine Heigl has landed the role. There has been a lot of heated controversy over this choice, but I would advise folks to have some faith.



I screamed bloody murder years back when I learned my childhood hero, Batman, was to be played by "Mr. Mom". I was wrong to doubt Michale Keaton's ability. Based on Katherine's past performances I am expecting a great movie.


No less controversal choice to many fans was the casting of Grandma Mazur. A lot of folks have wanted to see Betty White in the role. At first I was shocked to learn Debbie Reynolds got the nod.

In my case it was the mind's eye not keeping up with current day. I still think of Debbie Reynolds as the stunning actress I had a serious crush on growing up. She doesn't look bad today, but is no longer a 'spring chicken' as Grandma Mazur would say. To those with reservations I have one question?



Have you ever seen Debbie Reynolds turn in a bad performance in anything?

This is going to be a great movie.


Note



Back in 2009 I addressed one of the frequently debated question about ONE FOR THE MONEY. For more click on the "Stephanie Plum" lable in the sidebar and scroll down to COULD THEY...

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait! I'm hoping the movie does Stephanie, Grandma Mazur (and the rest of the crew) proud!

    Love the audio books, would love to add the DVD to our collection eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also looking forward to the movie.

    ReplyDelete